Sasha Tahiliani - Biography
Sasha began dancing with his mother at age 13. In his mid-teens at the urging of his instructors he began competing and performing nationally in Ballroom & Latin American Dance. At age 21 he started his undergraduate degree, and began teaching Ballroom Dance & Salsa at McMaster University.
After completing his degree, Sasha moved back to Toronto and completed his Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, and took up Argentine Tango while doing so.
He has since been teaching, training, and performing Salsa & Argentine Tango with the world's best. He currently runs Salsa with Sasha and teaches at York University. He can be seen on television, travelling the globe, and in films such as Tuxedo with Jackie Chan.
Training & Experience:
Sasha is constantly striving to become the best dancers that he can be, and to share his experience and appreciation of dance with all those that want to embrace it.
He has travelled extensively to study and train with his mentors and teachers including...
* Diane Kimler - First Teacher
* Jeff Hensson - Jive Champion
* Brian Torner - World Showdance
* Elizabeth Zadowska - Partner
* Jean Marc - "So You Think.. Dance"
* Pablo Veron - "The Tango Lesson"
* Rick Valenzuela - "Dance with Me"
* Sebastian Arce & Mariana Montes
* 'Chicho' Frimboli - Nuevo Tango
* DNI Studios - Argentina
* Moray Godoy Studios - Argentina